Friday, August 6, 2010

Movie Review: The Girl Who Played with Fire

Not only was I able to catch Salt, but I made it to the theater two days in a row.  This time I got to check out Stieg Larsson's The Girl Who Played with Fire - the second of the Millennium Trilogy after The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

If you haven't read my review of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, then I will preface this review by stating that I was a pretty big fan of that film.  So I was really excited to see this one... and while I thoroughly enjoyed it, I must say that it wasn't as good as the first one.  The characters are all back for the most part - and are for the most part great, but I think the mystery of the first is much stronger.

In this, we get a young wanna-be journalist trying to expose a sex-trafficking ring. He approaches Millennium to publish his story and is soon killed... setting off a string of events that pulls Blomqvuist and Lisbeth back into the fire.

Bad pun intended.  If you aren't aware of this series, I highly recommend the catching both of these, if not the books (I plan to read them, but I have a lot on my plate right now).  And I cannot wait for David Fincher's remake.

No comments:

Post a Comment