Saturday, October 10, 2009

Movie Review: Surrogates

I always go to the movies by myself.  And I always get there early and sit in the middle, about 3/4 of the way towards the back.  Watching Surrogates may change the way I do the movies.

Because I was stuck in the middle, unable to escape this turkey.  I would have given anything to be on an aisle.   And I never walk out of a movie.  Then again, I usually pay for them.  Now that I can use my Optimum Triple Play Rewards card for free movies on Tuesday nights, I may have to rethink everything.

Surrogates was, without a doubt, the worst film I've seen in theaters since X-Men: The Last Stand.  To be honest, I had read the graphic novel and didn't see it translating well to the screen.  But I didn't think it would be this bad.  It was completely devoid of any spark or life.  Completely.  I think it should once and for all prove that Breakdown was an anomaly from Jonathan Mostow.  This film even looked a bit like T3, which had a cartoony, you can't take it serious quality to it.

It was horribly miscast all around (special shout out to Ving Rhames though), the script was wooden, the visual FX were crap, the love story was extremely forced and the score was so awful and over the top it took you out of the movie.  Which, sadly, was a good thing most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment