Monday, November 30, 2009

Jets Still Alive

Darelle Revis played like the best corner in the NFL and the Jets got a much needed win.  Behind a punishing running attack, they moved a step closer to the wildcard play-off berth.  There are a ton of teams with a 5-6 record and the Jets need to keep it going to have a chance. 

I know the general thinking was that this team was built to win this year, but I tend to disagree.  It's next to impossible to win with a rookie quarterback.  And a first year coach.  I hope they can run the tables, but when I look ahead to 2010 it seems very bright.  Thomas Jones might be 30, but he doesn't have the wear and tear on his body that most backs do cause of his late blooming.  And Showne Green is a more than capable carrier, especially in short yardage situations.  Throw Leon Washington into that mix again when he returns from a broken fibula, with a strong offensive line and I think you have one of the leagues top running games.  Give Braylon Edwards a year to get on the same page as Mark Sanchez, who will have another year to mature and get on the same page as everyone else.  This offense could be scary.  I'd love to see them draft a DE who can get at the QB.  Or a certain dominant safety from Tennessee (who I think is the best player in college football).

No comments:

Post a Comment