Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Change of Season Brings Tough Times

I don't know if it is just me, but I get depressed when summer fades into fall.  I'm not one of those people who loves every change of season.  Summer into fall and fall into winter are two of the most depressing times of the year for me.  No matter what is happening.

But for some reason, it seems this year it is having some sort of cosmic effect.  I am going through a tough time emotionally, as I have been sidelined for over 3 weeks with severe tendonitis in my left elbow (I'm a lefty).  I've had it since February and it got better than worse over the last few months.  I had an MRI last week and I have no tears or bone chips in there, so hopefully this second cortisone shot does the trick.  I am almost positive he didn't hit the right spot last time as the pain enveloped my whole arm and I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from.  The shot barely even stung, but this time was a whole new ballgame.  It was a lot of pressure, and it was painful - and I have a pretty high pain tolerance.  So I'm hoping it works...  Because training is my salvation.  I used to have lacrosse to keep my mind right, now I fight.  I know myself, and although I'm on meds for bi-polar - it doesn't cure what I go through.

My girlfriend is also going through some rough times.  She's at the tail end of a long divorce and custody battle... and some other legal nonsense that has just drained her.  And will continue to do so until it is totally resolved (if one can ever say something like that is ever fully resolved).  She has a daughter to not only support, but take care of and mold into a little human being.  And since she is perhaps my favorite person on earth, I'd say that her mom was doing a pretty awesome job.  On top of work and all that, she is going to graduate school at night.  I can see how drained she is... and wish I were well-off so I could ease the burden.  She will probably read this - so just know that I'll beat anyone you want up.  And other than some hugs, I'm not worth much.

Also, I just found out today one of the artists I'm working with is going through a serious problem involving their young family.  I can only say that I am deeply saddened and hope and pray that he and his wife find peace and the power to move on.  It sounds trite, but God has a plan for each of us and he challenges us in our own special way.  Some more so than others.

I guess in all that sadness and struggle there are reasons to celebrate.  The last two weeks saw my cousin Joseph get married, the 35th wedding anniversary of my parents, the wedding anniversary of Karol Wisniewski - my left hand man and without whom I wouldn't be able to do what I'm doing today and who I promise almost weekly that I'll pay back in a big way - and the freeing of the miners down in Chile.

Someone much cooler than I once said that a day that goes by without a laugh is a day wasted.  I have been thinking a lot about this recently and have been reading a blog called 'Overhead Everywhere' (I actually started out reading 'Overheard in NY', but this one pulls the best from all places).  I can honestly say that it is rare that one of the daily posts on there doesn't make me laugh.  Even if that isn't for you, find your 'Overheard Everywhere' and make it a habit.

1 comment:

  1. Your hugs, your love, your heart.... priceless. Love you.

    ReplyDelete