Friday, September 24, 2010

Good TV

I have to start by saying I'm not a television person.  Or at least I don't believe I am.  I watch PTI every day, but other than that the shows I catch regularly are few and far between.

Friday Night Lights.  The Ultimate Fighter.  Jersey Shore (only because of The Situation - every line out of his mouth is a classic).  DexterWeedsModern FamilyCommunityEastbound & Down.

Okay, so as you can see my list is long, and getting longer.  I recently got into the new FX show Terriers.  It's defnitely setting itself up for future storylines and I love the chemistry between the leads.  I also appreciate how real they are.  They are two deadbeat PI's - they don't always take the high-road.  I also really liked the premiere of Boardwalk Empire and am excited to see where that goes.

I have also been told Justified is a great show, as well as Breaking Bad.  Most of the time I will wait for the show to hit dvd (at least a few seasons) and then just knock them out.  I hate being restricted by time slots and gaps between seasons.  I did this with The Wire, Dexter, Weeds, Veronica Mars, the first season of 24 and most recently Party Down - which was another show I was immediately hooked on.  I've got Breaking Bad in my Netflix cue...

I think the line between film and tv is blurring every year and I guess I'm finding it harder and harder to say I'm not a tv person.

No comments:

Post a Comment