Sunday, December 27, 2009

Movie Review: He's Just Not That Into You

I spent a lot of time watching movies the last few days.  It's one of the best things, for me, about the holidays.  When football or lacrosse is not on, family will sit through movies.  It's better than playing charades.

So, I watched a movie I probably would never sit through in 'He's Just Not That Into You'.  And I can say it wasn't a waste of my time.  It started off well, but then became a chick flick.  And I mean that in the worst way.  Obviously written by a female and/or gay guys, it became an ugly/nerd girl's dating fantasy.  Particularly the Justin Long/Ginnifer Goodwin storyline.  Never happen.  Sorry nerds.

And I must say that Kevin Connelly was completely miscast.  How are we going to believe that he used to go out with Scarlet Johannson?  And after a date with Ginnifer Goodwin she falls for him?  He seems like a nice guy, but come on.  Seriously?  Besides that it was well-cast and well-acted.

I find myself wishing the guy who co-wrote it was more of a guy.  It would have been a much better movie, consistent with the Bradley Cooper storyline.  He was a guy who acted like a guy and had shit fall apart on him.  And kept on being a normal guy.

Special mention to film 'living'.  Connelly and Long live together in what would probably be a multi-million dollar apartment.  Straight out of American Psycho.

No comments:

Post a Comment