Sunday, December 27, 2009

Movie Review: Law Abiding Citizen

I have to admit, in the trailer/commercials when they tell us that Gerard Butler has been taking people out while still inside the jail - I was intrigued.  But I have a real distaste for Jamie Foxx.  I love him in certain roles, like Any Given Sunday... but him playing Denzel Washington doesn't interest me.  And, although I'd say this was okay and kept my interest throughout, it was Foxx that ultimately lost it for me.

To be fair, he was pretty good in the movie.  It was his character that bothered me.  He's a lawyer.  A state prosecutor to be exact.  And he's chasing Gerard Butler's character.  However, Butler is only exacting revenge for the death of his family - a revenge he had to exact because of Foxx's lawyering/deal cutting.  So, I never once sided with Foxx.  And then, as all of this is going down - he almost becomes a cop/SWAT team member/homicide detective.  Why is he investigating these murders?  Why is he the first one on these murder scenes?  Why is he even at a crime scene?  He's a prosecutor.  It just didn't make sense.  And this really, really bothered me.

No comments:

Post a Comment