Monday, February 22, 2010

Red Meat

Since around New Year's I've been really limiting when I eat red meat.  For those that don't know what red meat does to your body, and the toll it takes - read a book.

For those that know me, my favorite food (besides candy) is steak.  And cheeseburgers.  So it makes it really hard to cut out red meat.  But I've done a pretty good job, along with alcohol.  And I've started to turn a corner in my training. 

I had half a burger on Saturday night and woke up sluggish on Sunday.  Last night I had steak tidbits for dinner and again feel very sluggish today.  I was trying to figure out why and a lot of reaons popped into my mind; overtraining, mentally exhausted from so much on my plate... And then I looked at my diet for the past few days.  Now, I don't know if this is the reason I feel tired, but I would bet money on it. 

From now on, no red meat.  Okay, once a month to celebrate being a live.

No comments:

Post a Comment