Friday, September 16, 2011

Top 5 Most Anticipated Fall Movies of 2011

Although most teachers would have you believe summer ends Labor Day Weekend, for the rest of humanity Fall Equinox occurs on September 23, 2011.  That date happens to fall on a Friday this year.  My selections will be comprised of films coming out that day up through December 22,2011 – Winter Solstice.

Top 5:


Oldman, Hardy, Firth, Hurt.  Enough said.  But why not add in Toby Jones, Mark Strong and Ciaran Hinds for my most anticipated film of the fall.


DeNiro back as a bad ass.  This is where he shines.  Statham vs. Clive Owen – that could be sick.


I have a slight obsession with serial killer (or hunt for serial killer) stories.  I’m a fan of Worthington and Geoffrey Dean Morgan, so I’m excited to see this – even if it is getting a limited release – straight to VOD basically.


Script by Aaron Sorkin. Starring Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill.  We know how it turns out, but sometimes it is just about getting there that matters.


David Cronenberg directing Michael Fassbender?  This may be #1, but I have gone out of my way to learn nothing more about this movie. I’m also a fan of Keira Knightley, Vincent Cassel and Viggo Mortensen.  And it was adapted by Oscar winner Christopher Hampton. 

Honorable Mentions:

I want to see these as well.

The Thing
J. Edgar
Like Crazy
The Ides of March
The Rum Diary
In Time
Immortals
The Sitter

DVD:

These all sound interesting and/or I will definitely watch when they come out on video.

Cook County
50/50
Blackthorn
Melancholia
Hugo
The Muppets
The Descendants
Three Muskateers

Bottom 10:

I rather stick needles dipped in acid into my eyeballs than sit through any of these.  There is actually 11 on this list, but they all deserve to be on it.

Wanderlust
Real Steel
Paranormal Activity 3
Johnny English Reborn
Abduction
Footloose
Tower Heist
A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas
Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn
New Year’s Eve
W.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment